As one of Alberta’s largest marketing communications firms, we’re looking for a New Business Manager to help us push beyond Alberta into new markets while still remaining strong close to home.
Your primary responsibility will be to support our growth objectives and generate demand for our services by planning and executing sales, lead generation and marketing programs that will meet our targets and build business in our identified niches. This will include leveraging your natural skills in outbound sales and networking with our Inbound Marketing capabilities, traditional marketing tools and strategies, including PR, and RFP opportunities.
If you’re the successful candidate, you’ll be working with a growing, energetic team – you’ll be based in Calgary and work closely with our new business team in both Calgary and Edmonton. You’ll share the values of a dynamic, motivated team that prides itself on constant learning, development and building human pyramids.
This is a senior role within the agency, so you’ll be working with the leadership team and be relied on to help build demand for the agency while helping position and enhance our brand.
What you’ll be doing:
Your primary responsibility will be to build business and expand into new markets for ZGM:
- Prospect within identified niches and within Calgary to generate a high volume of quality meetings with viable prospects to build a strong revenue pipeline. Provide regular sales forecasting, sales plans, and other reporting to sales management.
- Manage and own all sales cycles from end to end while pulling in necessary resources from Resonate to assist when and as needed.
- Understand prospect’s/customer’s organization, processes and politics.
- Establish relationships at all levels of prospect’s/customer’s organization and be the primary point of contact to ZGM through sales cycle. Engage in a consultative sales process to understand each customer’s wants/needs/goals in order to determine and communicate where ZGM can deliver maximum value.
- Collaborate with internal team to develop new business materials, including RFP responses, client proposals and pitches.
- Participate in networking events and represent the agency as a brand ambassador to prospective clients and industry partners.
- Facilitating Conversations and Driving Leads – Utilizing a content marketing strategy, supported by expertise across the agency, you’ll actively drive leads to the leadership team and help support our growth objectives.
- Leveraging our expertise in specific industry verticals, you’ll help promote and build our brand and establish our expertise within those markets. Using both traditional and digital marketing, public relations and media relations, you’ll work with the partners in promoting our brand and making potential clients feel predisposed to working with ZGM.
Collaborate with internal team to create marketing tools like brand video(s), prospecting emails, thought-leadership content, case studies, etc.
- Drive strategy for specific niches and direct content creation for our channels.
What requirements we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of marketing & sales experience, preferably at an agency or company related to our industry.
- A driven, high-energy individual that is also down-to-earth, self-motivated, and resilient.
- An excellent, detail-oriented writer and engaging, personable communicator over the phone and in person.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Ability to clearly articulate service offerings and help prospective clients understand their needs vs. their asks.
- Must be able to network effectively at industry events and conferences.
- Proven sales skills & ability to nurture and grow client relationships.
- Familiarity with social and marketing automation platforms (CRM).
- Knowledge of full-service, integrated advertising solution offering, including strategy, creative, media, and digital.
- A passion for the industry.
- A collaborative team player