ZGM is looking for a multi-talented, big-picture-thinking, results-driven Account Director for our Edmonton office. Someone who understands the difference between a demographic and a persona, between an observation and an insight, between a tactic and a strategy. And, being an amazing collaborator, you'll be part of an integrated communications team and lead the charge on key accounts for the agency that will require you to develop, implement, track and optimize marketing and communications campaigns across all types of channels, and to build and nurture strong relationships with your client partners and your team at ZGM.
- You will collaborate with clients to build strategic marketing plans that produce results, and then continually update, report on, and optimize those plans.
- You'll need to have a solid understanding of marketing and communications planning, and managing a variety of tactics including website development on a variety of CMS platforms, digital advertising (e.g. SEO/SEM, display advertising, paid social, etc.) and inbound marketing tactics (e.g. database management, email, social media, etc).
- You'll collaborate with our Content Team to develop actionable content strategies based on insights that integrate into a client's larger marketing goals and communications framework.
- Working with your account service and audience engagement teams, you'll review campaign performance metrics and identify trends and insights to report to clients and our internal teams.
- You will help the team brainstorm new and creative growth strategies for our client partners.
- You'll utilize your strong, strategic mind and analytical ability to create and evaluate end-to-end customer (or audience) journey mapping across multiple channels and touch points.
- Working with your account team, you will ensure strong oversight and methodical planning and forecasting when it comes to your client partners' budgets and invoicing.
- You'll proactively learn, internalize and communicate everything there is to know about your client partners' organization, brand, needs, culture, etc., to our internal team, including writing and delivering strong creative briefs, providing thoughtful and productive creative feedback, and overall guiding the agency's work for that client partner.
- You'll work closely with your client partners to identify new opportunities, recommend and plan research activities whenever valuable, and serve as a valuable consultant.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a marketing, advertising or digital marketing agency in Account Services or in a large organization as a Marketing Manager/Director.
- BS/MS/BCom degree or equivalent experience in marketing or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing multi-channel, integrated marketing and communications projects.
- Strong understanding of results-driven marketing and communications.
- Experience in managing large marketing budgets and forecasts, purchase orders and invoicing.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable and effective as a team leader.
- Experience in writing new business proposals and pitching new business.
- Persistent attention to detail without getting stuck in the weeds.
- Experience in developing digital experiences and websites
- Broad knowledge of digital tools and platforms such as WordPress, analytics/dashboard tools (i.e. Hotjar, Google Analytics/Google Data Studio), inbound tools/CRM systems (i.e. HubSpot), project management tools (e.g. Asana, Smartsheet, Harvest), etc.
- Up-to-date, active knowledge about new developments and trends in branding, marketing channels and platforms, and consumer behaviour.
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable taking initiative with clients and internal projects.
- Understanding of digital marketing processes and technology
- Google analytics certification considered an asset
- HubSpot certification considered an asset
If you have the experience and skills identified, you might just be perfect for us. Assuming of course you're also a team-player who is passionate about enhancing human experiences, staying curious, being generous, taking risks, and swinging for the fences.
We look forward to hearing from you!
ZGM is the largest, full-service agency in Alberta with over 80 employees based in Calgary and Edmonton. Check out our employee handbook here