We’re ZGM. We are the largest, full-service agency in Alberta with over 100 employees based in Calgary and Edmonton. We’ve won both national and international awards. So, what does all this mean for you? It means we have depth. It means we have a great deal of talent and experience, and it means we are a great employer. ZGMers are curious; they aren’t afraid to speak their mind, and they come to work every day ready for the next challenge. We like to think we make a difference by delivering experiences and results for brands that value imagination and innovation - and we have a lot of fun doing it. Still not sure - check out our employee handbook here http://zgm.ca/careers/
For this opportunity, ZGM is looking for a resourceful and collaborative 'firecracker' of an Account Manager for our Edmonton office.
Is it you?
- You’ll interpret and translate conversations with your client partners into insightful briefs, apply critical thinking, and provide your clients with thoughtful direction and advice.
- You’ll get those briefs rolling into our creative process, and you’ll own them from briefing the team through to delivering and reporting on the final results.
- You’ll be part of our work family. The good thing about work families is that you don’t have to spend the holidays together (though you may want to).
- You’ll hunt for new ideas, technologies, and contacts on the regular, and expand your horizons and your network daily, just by doing what you do and being who you are.
- You’ll project manage and problem-solve like a ninja – so deadly effective and stealthy that it’ll look like a breeze.
- Not only do you manage projects, but you also know high-quality and on-strategy work when you see it. It’s in your bones. You’ll never settle for “good enough.”
- Clients will love you – no seriously, LOVE you. Through the awesome wins and through all of the tricky conversations. This is super important.
- You will guide and set the tone for our internal project teams that result in the best possible work. The team will break through walls for their ideas, for our clients, and for you.
- Fulfill daily client requests, ensuring that all projects assigned are executed to plan
- Keep client and account teams updated on the status of account activities
- Act as internal liaison for account needs
- Facilitate communication with project teams
- Attain a thorough understanding of all of your clients’ business and competitive environments
- Establish a positive and partnering relationship with all of your clients
- Initiate and manage every step of our strategic, creative, and production processes
- Create work back schedules and critical paths
- Oversee the accuracy and quality of all of your project teams’ work
- Consistently produce communication materials (contact and status reports)
- Develop and deliver effective creative briefs to internal teams
- Daily maintenance of the billing and budget management process for each project
- Ensure that all client estimates are signed off before work begins
- Assist with, and initiate, new business opportunities
- Assist with building a positive agency culture
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a client service role in an agency with a focus on mass advertising or digital marketing or a Marketing/Communications Manager role in a large, complex organization
- Solid understanding of the creative and production process
- Experience in developing digital experiences and websites
- Strong client service orientation, organization and attention to detail
- Ability to write and communicate effectively
- Project management skills, demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Continually drive for results and highest quality standards
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to design and deliver presentations
- Proficient in MS office
- Passion for the industry
- Post-secondary education (marketing/advertising related an asset)
- Understanding of digital marketing processes and technology
- Google analytics certification considered an asset
- HubSpot certification considered an asset
We work in a fun, energetic environment that nurtures ideas and originality. ZGM offers a competitive salary, health, & benefits package, an inspiring work environment, and unlimited growth opportunity for motivated people who can get the job done.
If you have the experience and skills identified, you might just be perfect for us! Assuming of course you're also a team-player who is passionate about enhancing human experiences, staying curious, being generous, taking risks, and swinging for the fences. Sound interesting? Send us your resume and cover letter and tell us why you’d be a great fit for ZGM.
We at ZGM are committed to ensuring that all people, across age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, faith, and physical abilities, feel welcome and are represented in our decision making. We promise our staff, clients, and communities that we will never stop learning, sharing, and working toward becoming a more equitable organization.