This job is posted on behalf of the Hockey Diversity Alliance (HDA).
The successful candidate will be an employee of the HDA, not ZGM.
Location: Calgary or Toronto
The Hockey Diversity Alliance (HDA) was formed by nine current and former NHL players in June 2020. The goal was to change the face and future of hockey. Focusing on representation, the plan is to create sustainable change on all levels of the sport by inspiring a new and diverse generation of hockey players and fans. Is this a change you would like to be a part of?
As one of the first full-time, paid staff of the Hockey Diversity Alliance, the Administration & Communications Specialist will provide broad support to the organization.
- Provides broad administrative support to the operations team including scheduling, coordinating meetings, and staff meetings.
- Acts as liaison with internal and external staff, colleagues and partners (solve problems, screen emails and prioritize meetings).
- Answer incoming calls and other duties as requested by the Operations Director.
- Participate in the operations team meetings and planning sessions.
- Responsible for maintaining the general budget tracking and updating information in a timely manner.
- Maintain an accurate and organized file system.
- Prepare report data for the Operations Director to ensure timely compliance with governmental reporting requirements.
- Support with the HDA online store merchandising, tracking, etc.
- Managing and responding to emails and communications to the HDA’s general mailbox.
- Managing newsletter and social media content schedules
- Working with the Director of Policy and Program and creative agency (ZGM) to develop engaging and creative ways to demonstrate HDA’s impact through customized reports for partners, bi-annual impact reports, social media posts, infographics, press releases and thank you videos.
- Draft copy/content for these public-facing communications.
- Work with colleagues across departments to enhance donor/sponsor recognition and experience on HDA’s website, social media, in the annual report, and other printed, digital, and video materials; ensure consistency of brand and messaging across all materials produced.
- Manage sponsor communications and announcements.
- Facilitate updates to website content on an as-needed basis, including campaign microsites and other updates
- Creates PowerPoint and other presentation materials on behalf of operations staff.
- Proofread, edit and finalizes email, documents, presentations, forms and documentation.
Hockey Diversity Alliance is committed to inclusion:
We look forward to the screening peoples of varied: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, (dis)ability.